Why should my child learn Spanish?
- Brain research shows that the bilingual experience improves the part of the brain that we use for planning, solving problems and performing various other mentally challenging tasks.
- Studies have shown that bilingual students score higher than monolingual students on both verbal and nonverbal tests of intelligence and tend to achieve higher scores on standardized tests.
- There will be endless opportunities to use this skill. Spanish is the second highest spoken first language in the world after Chinese. In the United States, Spanish is the second highest most used language. The estimated worldwide Spanish Speaking population is over 517 million.
- Those who learn Spanish have the ability to communicate with more people, read more literature, and benefit more fully from travel abroad.
- Knowing a second language gives people a competitive advantage in the workforce.
- Learning Spanish will bring opportunities for understanding and appreciating people of a different culture.