I don’t speak Spanish. How can my child maintain the language after leaving your program?
Many studies have shown that young children have a remarkable ability for learning a second language. The longer and more fequently that your child attends our program, the more that he/she will be able to retain the Spanish skills learned. There are also several things that you can do to help your child continue to learn and practice Spanish. Here are a few suggestions:
- Play Spanish children songs for your child.
- Let your child listen to ebooks in Spanish.
- Buy and checkout books for your child to read in Spanish that are on his/her independent level
- Enroll your child in a Spanish immersion camp during the summer.
- Let your child watch shows and movies with Spanish audio and subtitles
- Provide opportunities for your child to have playtime with children who speak Spanish.